Major Gifts & Endowments
Both major gifts and gifts to create permanent endowments represent the pinnacle of giving—visionary philanthropic investments in the future of health care.
By establishing permanent endowments, we can give outstanding faculty and students the tools they need to excel in the training of tomorrow’s health care pioneers, to address some of the great public health challenges of our age, and to spark the fire of innovation in the university’s expansive clinical enterprise.
Types of Endowments and Minimum Giving Levels
Endowments are permanent funds that support UTMB’s academic, research and clinical care missions. Every year, a percentage of the endowment’s market value is made available to support a specific activity or program. Additional earnings are reinvested as a hedge against inflation and a tool for growth.
To speak with a member of our team to establish an endowment, please call (409) 772-1991 or email email@example.com
Ways to Give
- Faculty Fellowship - $250,000 is the minimum gift level
- Professorship - $500,000 is the minimum gift level
- Distinguished Professorship - $1,000,000 is the minimum gift level
- Chair - $2,000,000 is the minimum gift level
- Distinguished Chair - $3,000,000 is the minimum gift level
- Distinguished University Chair - $4,000,000 is the minimum gift level
Scholarship & Awards
- Endowed Scholarship - $25,000 is the minimum gift level
- Endowed Presidential Scholarship - $50,000 is the minimum gift level
- Endowed Graduate Fellowship - $50,000 is the minimum gift level
- Endowed Awards & Prizes - $25,000 is the minimum gift level
- Non-endowed Scholarships - Below $25,000 can be awarded for one year or for a period of several years
- Research - $25,000 is the minimum funding level
- Academic Support - $25,000 is the minimum funding level
- Maintenance & Operations - $25,000 is the minimum funding level
- Public Service - $25,000 is the minimum funding level
- Library (Book Funds/Others) - $25,000 is the minimum funding level
Capital Project Naming Opportunities
A gift to UTMB is a powerful expression of your legacy—a chance to leave an indelible impact on the university’s service to a growing community, region, state, country, and world.
There are many opportunities to make a contribution that recognizes that legacy, connecting your name to important spaces throughout the university’s clinical, educational, and research infrastructure.
Ways to Give
Health Education Center (HEC)
A state-of-the-art facility where students can work together and train in settings that mimic the realities of patient care. This 161,000 sqft facility boasts the latest technology in human, non-human, and virtual reality simulation educational equipment. Staffed with experienced support staff, the HEC’s teaching abilities are augmented through strategic faculty partnerships including leaders in simulation training from the SON, SOM, SHP, GSBS, and SPPH.
Jennie Sealy Hospital
The Jennie Sealy Hospital, on the Galveston campus and generously supported by the Sealy & Smith Foundation, reinforces the commitment of UTMB Health to provide the best possible care for patients, and the best environment for physicians and nurses to care for patients in a setting that nurtures and enriches the learning experience for students. The $438 million facility features 310 patient rooms, including 60 dedicated ICU beds, a 28-bed day surgery unit and 20 state-of-the-art operating suites.Jennie Sealy Fact Sheet
Current Endowment Holders
Annual gifts to UTMB provide unique resources and opportunities for students, faculty, and our community that only exist through the generosity of our donors.
Creating a healthier future. Together. Let us help tailor your philanthropic goals to your financial, tax, and estate planning objectives.
Grateful Patient Giving
UTMB is fortunate that, every year, many of our patients make generous gifts in honor of the care they’ve received. They give to say thanks. But they also give to make sure other patients have the same opportunities they did: to be tended to by some of the best and most compassionate caregivers in all of academic medicine.
How to Give
UTMB is defining health and health care for future generations of Texans and people worldwide.
With visionary support from people like you, UTMB will continue to address some of the most pressing health issues our nation faces, continue to provide world class clinical care, putting patients at the center of everything we do, and expand our uniquely collaborative research enterprise, which is tackling the most serious threat to health and shortening the pipeline between groundbreaking discoveries and the people whose lives they can help.